Book Mama

A Mama and her love of books. Come share what I've read. Reviewer for: CK2s Kwips and Kritiques

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

SAHM to 5 wonderful people. I'm a happy wife and mother who is shamelessly addicted to books. Come share them with me. My reviews are courtesy of CK2S Kwips and Kritiques.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Legacies by F. Paul Wilson



From the Publisher
Repairman Jack isn't your average appliance repairman he fixes situations for people, often risking his own life. Jack has no last name, no social security number, works only for cash, and has no qualms when it comes to seeing that the job gets done.

Dr. Alicia Clayton, a pediatrician who treats children with AIDS, is full of secrets, and she has just inherited a house that holds another. Haunted by painful memories, Alicia wants the house destroyed but somehow everyone she enlists to help ends up violently killed. The house holds a powerful secret, and Alicia's charmless brother Thomas seems willing to do anything to get his hands on that secret himself.

But not if Repairman Jack can find it first!

My Comments:
I completely feel in love with Repairman Jack from his first book, The Tomb. He's an amazing character that the bad guys just can't figure out, and the good guys are blessed to have on their side.

This book was just as much a page turner, although I missed the supernatural aspect of The Tomb slightly. The plot really kept moving at a good pace and I was always sad to have to put it down.

I'm really amazed that Jack has been around for 20 years. He's ageless. The writing is ageless. Some novels seem horribly dated, but Wilson's talent shines through.

I'm doing my best to savor this series and read it slowly. I have 8 more books to read in the series, and I think I'm doing a remarkable job not plowing through them!

Keep It Or Pass It On?
It's already been snatched up at www.paperbackswap.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home