Book Mama

A Mama and her love of books. Come share what I've read. Reviewer for: CK2s Kwips and Kritiques

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

SAHM to 5 wonderful people. I'm a happy wife and mother who is shamelessly addicted to books. Come share them with me. My reviews are courtesy of CK2S Kwips and Kritiques.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Reunion in Death by J. D. Robb



From the Publisher
At exactly 7:30 p.m., Walter Pettibone arrived home to over a hundred friends and family shouting, "surprise!" It was his birthday. Although he had known about the planned event for weeks, the real surprise was yet to come. At 8:45 p.m., a woman with emerald eyes and red hair handed him a glass of champagne. One sip of birthday bubbly, and he was dead. The woman's name is Julie Dockport. No one at the party knew who she was. But Detective Eve Dallas remembers her all too well. Eve was personally responsible for her incarceration nearly ten years ago. And now, let out on good behavior, she still has nothing but bad intentions. It appears she wants to meet Dallas again - in a reunion neither will forget...

My Comments:
I've been trudging through this series, following up on my New Year's resolution best I can. I haven't always looked forward to reading my one In Death book a month, but this one changed it for me. I've always *liked* these books, don't get me wrong, but they were all blending together a bit and nothing stood out as different from the others. But this one definitely did. This is the fourteenth book in the series, and while maybe I thought it was getting a bit stale, things are perking back up again.

One aspect that made this book so edgy was confronting Eve's past with her. Going back to the place where she was so horribly abused and living through those memories with her reminded me of what a strong, interesting character Eve Dallas truly is. She's even stronger when she lets her husband in to work through the pain together.

"Julie Dockport" was a great villain. One of the best in a while I think and she was a very worth adversary for Eve.

I look forward to the next in the series.

Keep It Or Pass It On?
It's posted at www.paperbackswap.com if you're interested!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home