Book Mama

A Mama and her love of books. Come share what I've read. Reviewer for: CK2s Kwips and Kritiques

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

SAHM to 5 wonderful people. I'm a happy wife and mother who is shamelessly addicted to books. Come share them with me. My reviews are courtesy of CK2S Kwips and Kritiques.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Lover Revealed by JR Ward



From the Publisher
Butch O'Neal is a fighter by nature. A hard living, ex-homicide cop, he's the only human ever to be allowed in the inner circle of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. And he wants to go even deeper into the vampire world to engage in the turf war with the lessers. He's got nothing to lose. His heart belongs to a female vampire, Marissa, an aristocratic beauty who's way out of his league. If he can't have her, then at least he can fight side by side with the Brothers...
When Butch sacrifices himself to save a civilian vampire from the slayers, he falls prey to the darkest force in the war. Left for dead but found by a miracle, the Brotherhood calls on Marissa to bring him back, though even her love may not be enough to save him.

My Comments:
I was surprised that JR Ward's next book was going to be about Butch. There are other members of the Black Dagger Brotherhood I wanted to find out about, why Butch? He's not even one of The Brotherhood! But I had faith in the author. She knew what she was doing after all. Hah!

This series truly does keep getting better with each installment. It amazes me that the author gets so in touch with her characters that she can give us a glimpse of them in a previous book and completely change them in their own principal story.

It's intriguing to follow Butch as the layers are peeled back. His relationship with his roommate, Vishous is taken to a deeper and wonderfully symbiotic level that I can't want to enjoy in the next Black Dagger Brotherhood book. They truly need each other as they continue to fight against the evil in the war they are such an integral part of.

Keep It Or Pass It On?
My husband is currently reading it. I love that the man has no shame reading a book in public with a cover that looks like this one does! Talk about being secure in your manhood.

This series will be staying on the shelf for a long while to come!

1 Comments:

Blogger VioletEyedDreamz said...

you are so on the same page with me in regard to this one. I was NOT looking forward to this one at all because Butch was just a drunk ex cop who screwed prostitutes in alley ways, what could he possibly offer me. Tears and awe. He made my heart ache

3/27/2007 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home