Book Mama

A Mama and her love of books. Come share what I've read. Reviewer for: CK2s Kwips and Kritiques

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

SAHM to 5 wonderful people. I'm a happy wife and mother who is shamelessly addicted to books. Come share them with me. My reviews are courtesy of CK2S Kwips and Kritiques.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Avalon High by Meg Cabot



From the Publisher

Avalon High seems like a typical high school, attended by typical students: There's Lance, the jock. Jennifer, the cheerleader. And Will, senior class president, quarterback, and all-around good guy.
But not everybody at Avalon High is who they appear to be ... not even, as new student Ellie is about to discover, herself. What part does she play in the drama that is unfolding? What if the bizarre chain of events and coincidences she has pieced together means -- as with the court of King Arthur -- tragedy is fast approaching Avalon High?

Worst of all, what if there's nothing she can do about it?

My Comments:
I read this book for my daughter. It sounded like something she would be interested it, and I was hoping to expand her genres a bit. But I wanted to read it first just to make sure it wasn't going to be anything she didn't want in her head. I remember reading books friends gave me in school and being sorry I had too much information that I didn't really know what to do with. And I love to share books with her anyway, so it was a win win.

This book was definitely great for her. It was a sweet, innocent story that was compelling and who doesn't love the legends about King Arthur? Meg Cabot put a charming spin on the timeless story. My daughter and I were very pleased to discover that this is the first in a new series!

Keep It Or Pass It On?
I passed it on to my daughter, who finished it in a day. I don't think she will be letting it leave her shelf any time soon though.

1 Comments:

Blogger VioletEyedDreamz said...

I have book #2 on my wishlist @ pbs.
Have you read Angela Knights Mage Verse series, it takes the Arthur legend another way. See had I KNOWN you had a blog I would have been all over it

3/24/2007 4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home