Book Mama

A Mama and her love of books. Come share what I've read. Reviewer for: CK2s Kwips and Kritiques

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

SAHM to 5 wonderful people. I'm a happy wife and mother who is shamelessly addicted to books. Come share them with me. My reviews are courtesy of CK2S Kwips and Kritiques.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Betrayal in Death by JD Robb




From the Publisher:
At the luxurious Roarke Palace Hotel, a maid walks into suite 4602 for the nightly turndown - and steps into her worst nightmare. A killer leaves her dead, strangled by a thin silver wire. He's Sly Yost, a virtuoso of music and murder. A hit man for the elite. Lieutenant Eve Dallas knows him well. But in this twisted case, knowing the killer doesn't help solve the crime. Because there's someone else involved. Someone with a more personal motive. And Eve must face a terrifying possibility - that the real target may, in fact, be her husband Roarke...

My Comments:
This is the 12th Eve Dallas book, and they are still very good. The killer was a horrible character that made you cringe. They are good, solid little mysteries set in the future, giving this series something to differentiate it from the others.

I just have to say something though. Since this is my book blog, why not? I find it so hypocritial that the author makes guns illegal in the future and in this book she even took it a step further by extemporizing how "guns don't kill people, people kill people, but owning guns sure doesn't help". Great! So in this author's future, we have no second amendment rights. I wonder what other rights she would do away with? Interesting to note that in her future, criminals still get guns. It's the law abiding citizens that can't have them. Okay, now that I have that out of my system...

I do love this series. My grandmother, who has since passed, read every single one and passed them along to me. They have great sentimental value. I made a New Year's Resolution to read one a month until I catch up. I might not make it, but it's the thought that counts! I only have 14 more to go.

What took me so long to start reading these again? When Grama was still alive, I got in a kick and read four or five in a row and burned myself out. They started to run together and they seemed very similar. It has taken me years to pick the series up again, but I'm really glad I did. For a while there, they made me miss Grama, and I couldn't enjoy them without thinking about her. But now I look forward to seeing the characters evolve. Eve and Roarke are a couple I really enjoy coming back to.

Keep or Pass it On?
I decided to go ahead and post to Paperbackswap.com. I enjoy them, but not enough to pick up again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home