Book Mama

A Mama and her love of books. Come share what I've read. Reviewer for: CK2s Kwips and Kritiques

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

SAHM to 5 wonderful people. I'm a happy wife and mother who is shamelessly addicted to books. Come share them with me. My reviews are courtesy of CK2S Kwips and Kritiques.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Chill Factor by Sandra Brown



From the Publisher

Cleary, North Carolina, is a sleepy mountain town — the kind of place where criminal activity is usually limited to parking violations. Not so, lately. Four women have disappeared from Cleary over the past two years. And there's always a blue ribbon left near the spot where each of the women was last seen. There are no bodies, no other clues, and no suspicion as to who their abductor might be. And now, another woman has disappeared without a trace.

It is to this backdrop that Lilly Martin returns to close the sale of her mountain cabin, marking the end of her turbulent eight-year marriage to Dutch Burton, Cleary's chief of police. Dutch's reluctance to let her go isn't Lilly's only obstacle. As she's trying to outrun a snowstorm, her car skids on the icy road and strikes a man. She recognizes the injured man as Ben Tierney, whom she'd met the previous summer. They're forced to wait out the storm in the cabin, but as the hours of their confinement mount, Lilly begins to wonder if the greatest danger to her safety isn't the blizzard outside, but the mysterious man right beside her. Is Ben Tierney the feared abductor? Or is he who he claims to be...her rescuer from harm and from the tragedy that haunts her?

My Comments:
It really wasn't fair for me to read this book directly after Gone For Good. I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have and it was a valuable lesson (that I have the hardest time learning) not to read books from the exact same genre back to back. I couldn't help but compare the two and I wasn't as compelled to read Chill Factor as I was Gone For Good.

That being said, it was a very good book. Lots of twists and turns. The suspense was good. The story was good. The characters were fantastic! Envy is my favorite Sandra Brown book so far, but this one is right up there.

Keep It Or Pass It On?
It's listed at Paperbackswap.com for anyone interested!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristie said...

I have been looking and looking at this book whenever I am at the bookstore, so maybe next time I will get it because of your review!

What is your name on paperbackswap?

Keep up the WONDERFUL reviews! My list is growing and growing and growing!

7/01/2007 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home