Book Mama

A Mama and her love of books. Come share what I've read. Reviewer for: CK2s Kwips and Kritiques

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

SAHM to 5 wonderful people. I'm a happy wife and mother who is shamelessly addicted to books. Come share them with me. My reviews are courtesy of CK2S Kwips and Kritiques.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer



From The Publishers:
Stephenie Meyer's thrilling debut novel is a love story with a bite. In this suspenseful and sensual tale, 17-year-old Isabella moves to a small town in Washington State and gets more excitement than she bargained for when she falls for an enigmatic classmate -- who happens to be a vampire. Filled with fantastic mystery and romance, it's a heart-stopping novel that captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires.

My Comments:
Another fabulous recommendation from Booklovers Group at Yahoo. I'm always looking out for a good book Riley and I can share and this one hit the mark. I read it first, after that Blood and Chocolate debacle, I thought it only right. And lucky me! This book was more mature. And I mean that in the best possible way. The characters are fully developed and very relatable, which is surprising considering the subject matter.

The writing itself was like a tea kettle on slow boil. It's a long book. And it takes quite a while to build up to the point where there's substantial action, but I never realized it until the author really cranked it up a notch at the end. It's a book to savor and every word on every page was a joy. I am irritated by wordy books. Authors who write just to hear themselves type. Authors so caught up in their own head that they are the very definition of verbose. Stephanie Meyer is definitely not one of those!

Riley and I really enjoyed discussing this book together. The themes, did Edward do the right thing, did Bella make a mistake and so on. I cherish books like this that we can both so thoroughly enjoy!

New Moon is the next in the series and it's on order!

Keep It Or Pass It On?
Technically, it's Riley's book and I don't think she's going to let it out of her sight!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're probably right...about the screwed up politics in other countries. I remember visiting Canada and the tour bus driver said that for every homeless person, they received an extra $40 a month if they had a dog. Just little stuff...but I'm sure there's bigger stuff. We're right close to Canada and really, Canadians, at least in Vancouver, are quite nice. I've heard they don't have nice things to say about us, but I haven't run into that YET. I READ the trilogy by the way! If you haven't read it, do you want me to send it to you? email tgunby@gmail.com

5/30/2007 3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was such a great book. It's wonderful to read a book and know that if I leave it lying around it's okay if the kids open it and start reading. I just finished New Moon and I think it was even better. I can't wait for number three!

7/10/2007 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home