Book Mama

A Mama and her love of books. Come share what I've read. Reviewer for: CK2s Kwips and Kritiques

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

SAHM to 5 wonderful people. I'm a happy wife and mother who is shamelessly addicted to books. Come share them with me. My reviews are courtesy of CK2S Kwips and Kritiques.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Feet First by Leanne Banks



From the Publisher

It's all about the shoes!

Designing footwear is Jenny Prillaman's life, so getting the plum assignment to create a socialite's wedding shoes is a dream come true. Dealing with the heiress is another story. So is staying away from her dreamy new boss, a man too hot to deny for long, despite Jenny's best intentions of keeping her business away from his pleasure.

Making Ballagio, Inc. an international success is executive Marc Waterson's career ambition. But his life's desire is to find the right woman and settle down. Too bad Jenny would rather follow in his corporate footsteps than try on the glass slippers of a company wife.

At least Marc's got one thing going for him -- the way to a woman's heart is through a really great pair of shoes!

My Comments:
I am a self proclaimed romance novel snob. I am always disappointed when books I would consider to be in the fantasy/sci-fi or mystery category are found in the romance section of Barnes and Noble. But this was recommended by my buddy, Lori. No, recommended is the wrong word. She told me I had to get it, and I did. End of discussion. Heh. Lori is helping me get over my snobbery and she's doing a fine job of it.

This was a fun light read. When the chips are down, a nice little book like this can't help but cheer you up. It's the perfect book to read while you're sitting in the sun sipping iced tea. A Cinderella themed story that never really gets tired. And there are all the lovely shoes to read about!

Keep It Or Pass It On?
It's listed at www.paperbackswap.com if you'd like a great beach read this summer!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

11/10/2008 2:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home