Book Mama

A Mama and her love of books. Come share what I've read. Reviewer for: CK2s Kwips and Kritiques

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

SAHM to 5 wonderful people. I'm a happy wife and mother who is shamelessly addicted to books. Come share them with me. My reviews are courtesy of CK2S Kwips and Kritiques.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

3rd Degree by James Patterson




From the Publisher

Detective Lindsay Boxer and Assistant District Attorney Jill Bernhardt are enjoying a quiet afternoon in San Francisco when a townhouse across the street explodes in flames. A sinister note signed "August Spies" is found at the scene of the disaster, and the body of an infant who was asleep in the house at the time of the explosion cannot be found. Soon a wave of violent incidents, all with links to political terrorism and involving "August Spies," sweeps through the city. An upcoming economic summit of the world's most powerful nations will surely be a target. And it's up to the Women's Murder Club to get to the bottom of the violence before it's too late. Delivering the breakneck pace and never-saw-it-coming plot twists that have made James Patterson the most addictive writer at work today, 3rd Degree is another searing and unforgettable thriller from the nation's #1 bestselling suspense writer.

My Comments:

I've managed to let myself get behind in another series, and James Patterson's The Women's Murder Club is yet another. Another series my Grandmother had introduced me to, I found it hard to get back into it after her death years ago. But I finally managed to pick it up off my TBR (To Be Read) shelf and here we are!

I enjoy Patterson's books. They go very quickly. Which to me means there isn't a whole lot to think about. Which is okay if you're looking for a fast cheap thrill, and who isn't? Hah! Well, honestly sometimes I want a bit more substance, and I've come to the realization that "The King of Suspense" isn't really where I go for substance. Quick thrills and chills, but not thought provoking prose. And that's just fine when that's what you're looking for.

But this was a good, compelling book. Non stop from page one. There was no slowing down to take a breath. I thought it had some very emotional moments as one of The Women's Murder Club own faces losing one of their own.

I am looking forward to catching up with Fourth of July.


Keep It Or Pass It On?

I'll be passing this one on to another James Patterson lover!



2 Comments:

Blogger Kristie said...

I "read" this one from an audio book in my car and was interested in it. It had a bunch of sound effects and was really interesting and suspensful. I believe it is the only Patterson book I have read. What other ones do you recommend?

7/01/2007 7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I read this series I am getting more disappointed. I really enjoyed the first book. I am up to 4th of July, and I found it to be all about Lindsey.

7/21/2007 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home