Book Mama

A Mama and her love of books. Come share what I've read. Reviewer for: CK2s Kwips and Kritiques

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

SAHM to 5 wonderful people. I'm a happy wife and mother who is shamelessly addicted to books. Come share them with me. My reviews are courtesy of CK2S Kwips and Kritiques.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella


What if you woke up in the hospital to a movie-star handsome husband, a Louis Vuitton bag with Platinum credit cards inside, perfect teeth, hair and body? Now, what if you didn’t remember how you acquired those things? What if you didn’t remember the last 3 years of your life? Lexi Smart wakes up to discover she’s a brand new person and struggles to live up to who she’s become and discover how she got that way!

I’ve loved Sophie Kinsella’s books since first discovering her Shopaholic series. This time, the author really shows off her writing chops by taking on the old plot device, amnesia. Instead of being tired and same old same old, Kinsella manages to keep the idea fresh and makes it uniquely her own.

Lexi was immediately someone to like and enjoy spending time with. I wanted her to succeed. I wanted her to be happy. Her struggles beside the amnesia were familiar ones, easily relatable. The rest of the characters were enjoyable as well, even as I learned to dislike one or two of them. I really appreciated how all the characters seemed to unfold like a flower.

It was a remarkable journey to go back with Lexi and see the turning point in her life that made such an impression. The bizarreness of having to learn everything about your own life was written with the clever charm Kinsella has become known for. With a few brushes with hilarity thrown in for good measure!

REMEMBER ME? is the perfect summer read. I’ll never look at a sunflower the same way again!

Email: terri@ck2skwipsandkritiques.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home